MAOC-N Centre Manager
The Maritime Analysis and Operations Centre (Narcotics) – MAOC (N) is recruiting staff for the post of Centre Manager for the Centre’s Headquarters in Lisbon, Portugal.
The Maritime Analysis and Operations Centre – Narcotics, MAOC (N):
MAOC (N) is established through an International Agreement signed by representatives of the Governments of France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom. MAOC (N) provides a basis for the Parties’ engagement in multilateral co-operation in the field of suppression of illicit drug trafficking by sea and by air.
The Centre Manager will be recruited as part of funding under the European Union’s Internal Security Fund – Police Funding Agreement ISFP-2020-AG-IBA-MAOC.
To work under the supervision of the Executive Director to provide support in the implementation of the Centre’s activities, in line with European Commission funding objectives or projects, thereby contributing to a successful delivery of business objectives across the organisation.
- Efficiently manages all of the Centre’s accounts and payments, in line with the applicable European Commission rules, regulations and norms, as well as the established audit standards.
- Providing support to the Centre in keeping properly documented records and submitting the corresponding financial statements.
- Organisation of all elements in support of MAOC (N) events, such as international conferences and workshops that may include high-level delegations/visits.
- Managing the relationship with MAOC (N)’s external service providers and suppliers.
- To coordinate the Centre’s interaction with external auditors and accountants.
- A solid command of English.
- A working command of Portuguese is considered as advantageous.
- Good knowledge of standard financial and administrative practices.
- High level ICT skills using standard administrative software, in particularly the use Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Candidate Personal Qualities:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work autonomously on appointed tasks in an independent manner.
- Good drafting and reporting skills.
- Personal accountability and discretion.
- A proactive approach to work and to the development of the Centre.
Conditions of employment:
- The gross salary provided for this post is 35,992.60€ per year. The salary is subject to national taxation (Portugal) deducted at source.
- MAOC (N) staff members are also entitled to private health insurance and meal allowance.
- The Centre Manager is included in a horizontal career progression plan, which will take place depending on positive yearly appraisals.
Submission of applications and the selection process:
- The period for submitting applications is from the 7th of February 2023 to the 21st of February 2023.
- Candidates must submit a curriculum vitae (Europass) and a one-page cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly identifying the role being applied to in the subject of the email.
- Candidates called for interview will be expected to attend an interview at MAOC (N)’s headquarters in Lisbon in early March 2023 and will be expected to undergo language, analysis and ICT skills testing.
- All candidates will be subject to background checks (including criminal records and police background checks).
- The successful candidate may be expected to report for duty in April 2023.