MAOC-N Support Officer
The Maritime Analysis and Operations Centre (Narcotics) – MAOC (N) is recruiting staff for the temporary post of Support Officer for the Centre’s Headquarters in Lisbon, Portugal.
The Maritime Analysis and Operations Centre – Narcotics, MAOC (N):
MAOC (N) is established through an International Agreement signed by representatives of the Governments of France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom. MAOC (N) shall provide a basis for the Parties’ engagement in multilateral co-operation in the field of suppression of illicit drug trafficking by sea and by air.
The temporary position will likely end on the 31st of December 2020 but may be extended subject to any possible extension of the mentioned Funding Agreement.
To work under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Head of Operations to provide support in the implementation of the Project COMPASS 2020 as well as providing general support to the JOCC team of analysts.
- To support the Project Manager in the implementation of the Project COMPASS 2020, amongst other tasks, by;
- Monitoring the participation as ‘end user’ of MAOC (N) during the project,
- Providing support to the Project Manager in keeping documentary records and submitting the corresponding financial statements.
- Maintaining regular contact with the Project´s coordinator and other partners, when necessary.
- Developing an internal communications plan to further promote COMPASS 2020 amongst MAOC (N) ´s partners.
- Assessing the Centre´s capabilities and tools in relation to the Project.
- Provide general support to the JOCC team by inputting data, keeping documented records, and assisting the team of analysts in the preparation of reports, summaries and presentations.
Candidate Personal Qualities:
- High level of teamwork.
- Ability to deliver and work unsupervised on appointed tasks.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills in English.
- Personal accountability.
- An excellent command of English.
- Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage, but not essential (Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish).
- Good knowledge of standard administrative practices.
- Very high level ICT skills, in particularly the use Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to perform flexible hours (9:00am to 5:30pm office hours, in addition to working remotely as required).
Availability to travel (both nationally and internationally) as required.
- The period for submitting applications is from the 18th of November 2019 to the 18th of December 2019.
- Candidates are to submit a curriculum vitae (Europass) and a one page cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The net salary provided for this post is approximately €17,000.00 per year.
- Candidates called for interview will be expected to attend an interview at MAOC (N)’s headquarters in Lisbon in early January 2020 and will be expected to undergo language and ICT skills testing.
- All candidates will be subject to background checks (including criminal records’ checks).
- The successful candidate may be expected to report for duty in February 2020.